Main content | back to top
Shell Flintkote is a family of high performance waterproofing products designed to provide protection for entire buildings – from the basement to the roof.
Shell Flintkote product range
From conception over 50 years ago as a cost effective and reliable waterproof coating, the Shell Flintkote product range has expanded to create an integrated portfolio of products that are designed to work together, offering a seamless barrier to keep water out.
- easy to apply
- water based
- high resistance to weathering
- ready mixed
- strong elastomeric properties
Shell Flintkote products are ideal for use in:
- waterproofing wet areas including bathrooms, kitchens, toilets
- waterproofing metal roofs
- waterproofing blockwork and concrete structures
- Flintkote Mastic Flooring
- waterproofing flat concrete roofs
- waterproofing mastic asphalt roofs
- treatment of water tanks
- protection of steelworks
- waterproofing of ironworks
Please contact us for more details.
Shell Flintkote Colourflex
Shell Flintkote Colourﬂex is a premium quality coloured elastomeric coating for exposed waterproofing and decoration. It is a unique one part water-based tripolymer coating designed to cure to form a tough but elastic waterprooﬁng membrane bonded securely to the substrate. Shell Flintkote Colourﬂex is UV resistant and is specifically designed for exterior waterprooﬁng applications with no ponding situations.
- Single pack: No mixing; easy to apply.
- Available in different colours: Helps facilitate architectural design and monitoring of multi-coats application.
- Seamless: No laps and joints during application.
- Secure bonding to the substrate: Helps prevent the spread of water beneath membrane.
- Elastic: Helps withstand normal thermal movement of the substrate without cracking.
- Excellent UV resistance: Suitable for exterior applications.
- Water-based: No harmful vapour; non-hazardous; easy clean up with water during wet.
How can it be used?
Shell Flintkote can be applied on concrete, ﬁbrous cement sheet, concrete block, render, brick, metal and bituminous membrane.
It can also used in exposed situations like exposed rooﬁng, podium decks, box gutters, external wall, parapet walls, window and balcony dooring sills.
Shell Flintkote Decoralt
Shell Flintkote Decoralt is a a water-borne colour coating with mineral ﬁbres which dries to a matt slip-resistant ﬁnish. It is designed for use as decorative, protective and reﬂective coating on concrete, brick work, mastic and over bituminous coatings.
- Ready-for-use without mixing
- Good light and heat reﬂectivity
- Good chemical resistance
- High resistance to weathering
How can it be used?
- A decorative, protective, reﬂective and weather resistant colour coating for use over stable bituminous surfaces eg waterprooﬁng membrane, rooﬁng felt, bitumen coated masonry and mastic asphalt.
- A colour coating on asphalt or concrete paths and asphalt surfacing for tennis, volleyball and basketball courts.
- As a durable decorative coating on exterior concrete, brick or masonry.
- A line marking paint on parking bays.
Shell Flintkote Decoralt should not be regarded as a porous coating allowing breathing of substrate. It is not suitable for use over surfaces which are permanently immersed in water eg swimming pools and water tanks. In roof application, adequate drainage falls has to be provided to avoid ponding water.