Main content | back to top
Shell FuelSave Diesel
Shell FuelSave Diesel is designed to help save fuel.
Our scientists have developed Shell FuelSave Diesel to help deliver real fuel saving benefits for our customers, at no additional cost.
We know that keeping your fleet running is vital to your business. That’s why our high quality fuels are designed to be as efficient as possible and keep engines in peak performance.
Designed to help you save fuel
Enriched with Shell Efficiency Improver, our most advanced fuel economy formula to date, Shell FuelSave Diesel is designed to save you money from the first fill and over the lifetime of your vehicles.
The advanced additive formulation, combined with Shell Efficiency Improver, works by lubricating where normal engine oils can’t easily reach. This can help engine components to turn more freely, so more of the fuel’s energy goes to driving the wheels. Shell FuelSave Diesel is formulated to combust faster and more efficiently, so you get more mileage out of every drop.
Formulated for fuel economy benefits, to help you save fuel
- Lubricates inside the engine to improve engine efficiency
- Helps protect against the build up of deposits which can reduce engine efficiency
- Designed to burn and ignite more effectively, helping to produce more efficient combustion in your engine
- Improved engine efficiency, lower fuel bills
Operate a Fleet of Trucks? Read how Shell FuelSave Diesel works for you?
Shell FuelSave Diesel’s unique formulation is designed to keep the injector nozzles clean from deposits, thereby helping to improve engine efficiency and fuel economy over the lifetime of the vehicle.
Reduce fall-off in engine performance
Shell FuelSave Diesel is specifically designed to prevent carbon deposit build up in the engine. As heavy duty diesel engines get older, this can lead to increased fuel consumption, higher emissions and fall off in performance.
Designed to protect against fuel system corrosion
Diesel fuels are not naturally corrosive but over time and under the right conditions rust can occur and eat away at steel tanks and pipelines. Shell FuelSave Diesel is formulated with a powerful corrosion inhibitor, designed to help protect vehicle fuel system from corrosion.
Formulated for reduced foaming when refueling
Diesel fuel has a natural tendency to produce foam, for example when fuelling up, which can take up tank space and slow down the refueling process. Shell FuelSave Diesel is formulated to reduce foaming and so enable a more complete tank fill, with less risk of spillage.
Formulated to help reduce exhaust emissions and smoke
Designed to help keep diesel injector nozzles clean, Shell FuelSave Diesel can lead to more efficient combustion, which can help to reduce CO2 emissions and smoke.
See how FuelSave Diesel helps
- Engine: Prevent injector deposit build up - We measured the effects of nozzle deposits in engine tests and on-road vehicle trials and found a difference in fuel consumption of up to 3%.
- Exhaust: Prevent increased emissions and smoke - Designed to keep injector nozzles clean, Shell FuelSave Diesel supports more efficient combustion, which ultimately helps to reduce CO2 emissions and smoke.
- Fuel system: Protect against fuel system corrosion - Over time, rust can eat away at steel tanks and pipelines. Shell FuelSave Diesel contains a powerful corrosion inhibitor to help protect your vehicles’ fuel systems from corrosion.
- Fuel tank: Reduce foaming when refuelling - Diesel naturally produces foam, which takes up tank space and slows down the refueling process. Shell FuelSave Diesel is formulated to reduce foaming and allow a full tank, with less risk of spillage.