Achieving Carbon Neutrality
Shell works with CO₂ compensation projects around the world that help reduce greenhouse gas emissions while improving the livelihoods of local communities and preserving biodiversity and wildlife.
Make CO₂ offset work for your business
We calculate and compensate your CO₂ emissions. It is integrated into your current processes and invoice.
Step 1: You opt-in to compensate the CO₂ e emissions from your fleet. Your drivers use the Shell Card to refuel as usual.
Step 2: Shell tracks your fleet’s overall fuel consumption and calculates the associated CO₂ e lifecycle emissions.
Step 3: Shell compensates these emissions through our global portfolio of carbon credits form nature-based projects and other CO₂ compensation projects.
Step 4: Shell will purchase carbon credits equivalent to the amount of your fleets’ emissions and issue a yearly retirement certificate confirming that the fuel has been compensated. Charges will be applied to your account.
- Continue to show climate leadership
- Meet your carbon emissions commitments
- Appeal to your customers & employees
- Create long-term sustainability value to your business
- Once you sign up for the voluntary carbon offset, Shell will offset the carbon emissions for all your fuel purchases using Shell Card
- CO₂ agreement duration is one year
- An additional fee per liter will be charged to your account for CO₂ offset
- Your company can claim your fleet is driving carbon neutral
More in Shell Commercial Road Transport
Shell Card gives your business more control, security, flexibility and efficiency over your fleet wherever you operate.