Shell Go+ Members – Free Roadside Assistance
Shell Go+ Private and Grab members can now enjoy free vehicle assistance, personal assistance, medical assistance, and service information readily available 24/7 with Shell, in partnership with Ibero Asistencia!
1. Benefit is open to all Shell GO+ Private and Grab members with active standing and must maintain the following number of Liters purchased from the previous month:
- 60 Liters – Private Vehicle Owners
- 200 Liters – Grab Drivers
2. All qualified Shell GO+ members are entitled to 24/7 free roadside assistance to be carried out by our partner Ibero Asistencia, covering the following services:
A. Vehicle Assistance
- Towing Services of Covered Vehicle
If the covered vehicle is immobilized due to electrical/mechanical breakdown or accident, Ibero Asistencia shall arrange the transport of the vehicle to the nearest accredited repair facility. Maximum amount covered per event is up to Five Thousand Pesos (PHP 5,000.00). If the cost of towing the vehicle is more than the covered benefit limit, excess shall be for the account of the member.
- Removal and Towing of Covered Vehicle
If the Covered Vehicle is involved in an accident such as overturning, fell into a slope, ravine or canal, Ibero Asistencia shall arrange the removal and recovery, up to an agreed limit of up to Ten Thousand Pesos (PHP 10,000.00) and bring the Covered Vehicle to the nearest accredited repair facility.
- Minor onsite repair (sub limit of up to (Php 5,000)
1. Battery boosting/jumpstarting
In case the Covered Vehicle battery is weak and does not have enough power to start the engine, Ibero Asistencia will send a technician complete with good spare battery and boosting cable and shall conduct a battery boosting onsite.
2. Flat tire replacement
If the covered vehicle has a punctured or damaged tire and ran out of tire pressure, Ibero Asistencia will take care of replacing it with the vehicles’ good spare tire, using an accredited technician.
3.Delivery of emergency fuel
If the Covered Vehicle runs out of fuel, the member may request Ibero Asistencia to purchase and deliver fuel onsite up to an agreed certain number of liters. Member bears the cost of fuel and shall reimburse Ibero Asistencia onsite.
4. Locksmith service
If the member cannot access the Covered Vehicle due to the keys being locked inside, stolen or lost, defective or malfunctioning, Ibero Asistencia shall dispatch a locksmith (subject to Covered Vehicles’ manufacturers terms and conditions) to unlock and open the Covered Vehicle door and shall pay for the locksmith’s labor charges and travel expenses.
If the Covered Vehicle manufacturer prohibits manual opening and unlocking of doors due to security purposes, Ibero Asistencia shall instead tow the vehicle to the nearest repair facility.
5. Delivery of spare key
If the member cannot access the Covered Vehicle due to the keys being locked inside, stolen or lost, defective or malfunctioning, the Ibero Asistencia shall pick-up the Covered Vehicle Spare Key in the member’s Home or Office subject to approval and coordination with the member with the spare key keeper, for Ibero Asistencia to deliver it onsite.
Neither the supply of parts or replacement elements, nor materials in general are included in this coverage.
Availment of any of said benefits would constitute one event.
- Secondary Towing (Up to Php 5,000)
Secondary Towing is defined as the service by which a vehicle that is non drivable is to be transported from a location other than the place of breakdown to the nearest repair shop.
Secondary towing pick-up and delivery locations include but are not limited to the following:
1. Repair shop to warehouse and vice versa
2. Impounding site to repair shop and vice versa
3. Repair shop to repair shop
4. Repair shop to home
Specific exclusions of secondary towing in addition to General Exclusion, the member is not covered for the dismantled units/vehicles due to the following reasons:
1. Responsibility on dismantled parts
2. Inventory of parts
3. Time consuming
4. No compartment for storage of parts in the tow truck
5. Possibility of lost part during transport
Utilization of this benefit constitutes one event forming part of the 3 covered events per year under this contract whether arising from accident or breakdown
Limit per event is up to Php 5,000 (Five Thousand Pesos)
B. Personal Assistance
- Stay or travelling expenses of the member due to immobilization of the Covered Vehicle. In the event of immobilization of the Covered Vehicle due to breakdown and repair time will exceed 5pm as established by the accredited repair facility, the member may choose among the following benefits:
1. Ibero Asistencia shall bear cost of up to Two (2) consecutive nights hotel expenses at an agreed rate of up to One Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (PHP 1,500.00) per night OR;
2. Continuation of Journey for up to PHP 3,000.00 per event, the member may choose between:
A. Courtesy Car for the member and passengers - Transfer to the place of residence or original place of destination, for as long as the distance between the place of breakdown to the place of original destination is not greater from the place of breakdown to the member’s usual place of residence OR;
B. Reimbursement of Transportation Expenses for the member and passengers - Payment of traveling expenses to the place of the planned destination for as long as the distance between the place of breakdown to the place of original destination is not greater from the place of breakdown to the member’s usual place of residence up to a reimbursable limit of Three Thousand Pesos (PHP 3,000.00) subject to submission of Original Official Receipt.
Note: The right to services under this benefit will come into effect 25 km from the usual place of residence of the member.
Availment of this benefit constitutes one event.
- Relay of Urgent Messages
At the request of the member, Ibero Asistencia will arrange to convey urgent and very important messages relating to the matters above.
- Accident Coordination
In the event of an accident involving the Covered Vehicle, upon the request of the member, Ibero Asistencia will coordinate with the necessary agencies (Police, HPG, TMG and MMDA) to assist the member.
- Legal Assistance
If the Covered Vehicle is involved in an accident and would require legal assistance in settlement of damages and claims, upon the request of member, Ibero Asistencia shall refer the latter to a legal counsel. All fees relating to this matter shall be for the account of the member.
C. Medical Assistance
- Ambulance Coordination Assistance with Reimbursement Benefit
In the event of an accident involving the Covered Vehicle and upon request of the member or any of the passengers of the Covered Vehicle, Ibero Asistencia will arrange for an ambulance service to transport the injured passenger from the place of accident to the nearest medical facility. Cost of ambulatory service shall be for the account of the member except for the first one thousand (PHP 1,000.00) which may be reimbursed by the member from Ibero Asistencia subject to the presentation of the Official Receipt.
Reimbursement for the Ambulatory Costs constitutes as one event.
- Arrangement for Hospital Admission Assistance
Ibero Asistencia will take necessary hospital admission assistance in the event that the member and/or other passengers in the Covered Vehicle are injured because of a car accident. Cost of the hospital expenses shall be for the account of the member
- Appointments with Health Professionals
In the event that the member needs medical attention or follow-up consultation for any health related concerns even those not involving the use of the Covered Vehicle, Ibero Asistencia shall arrange the preferred schedule and appointment to the medical doctor or medical facility of their choice. Costs of the services shall be for the account of the member.
- Fitness and Health Referral Services
Upon request of the member, Ibero Asistencia shall arrange fitness and health programs such as physical exams and exercises, sports training and meditations. Cost of the program shall be for the account of member.
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains of Member
In the event of death of the member (caused by road accident with the Covered Vehicle), Ibero Asistencia will arrange for the repatriation of the mortal remains to the usual place of residence for burial. The maximum payable amount per event is Two Thousand Pesos (PHP 2,000.00) for the account of Ibero Asistencia. This service does not include burial related expenses.
Availment of this would constitute one event.
D. Info 24/7
- Traffic Information and Road Condition Assistance
Upon the request of the member, Ibero Asistencia shall give traffic update and road condition on the destination or location needed in major cities nationwide.
- Driving Direction Assistance
If the member requires detailed route going to his/her destination, Ibero Asistencia shall assist the member in giving directions to the member’s planned destination.
- Directory Assistance
Upon request of the member, Ibero Asistencia shall give details and information on emergency contacts such as Police and Fire Department, Hospitals and Red Cross.
- Information on nearest Gasoline Station
Ibero Asistencia may advise on the nearest gasoline station from the member’s current location if the member requires refueling.
- Program Benefits Inquiry
Upon request of the member, Ibero Asistencia shall explain the Emergency Roadside Assistance Program benefits terms and conditions.
3. To avail this benefit, simply dial Shell dedicated hotline 84594753, provide your name, GO+ membership number, location, vehicle description, emergency service needed.
4. Your request and standing will be checked and screened following requirements set in the benefit’s Terms and Conditions.
5. Once we have verified assistance, dispatching will be an average of 45 mins to 1 hour depending on the traffic conditions or if it will take longer, we will advise the client accordingly prior to dispatching.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Member is entitled to a maximum of three (3) services per year under the set of benefits identified above. In cases where the member has exceeded the number of covered services in a year, the cost of the service will be for the account of the member. But in case of road accident, this limit will not apply.
2. If the expense is higher than the guaranteed limit, the excess will be for the account of the member.
3. The benefit is specific to the declared/enrolled car of the Shell GO+ member identified during the first call for service assistance. The car details from the first call for assistance will be the car unit tagged for his/her record under the program.
4. For Go+ card members who change to a car unit whose unit was tagged during the first assistance, the new car will only be covered as replacement to the first tagged unit if it has been more than twelve (months) from the date of the first assistance. If the towing request for the new motor car unit is still within the twelve (12) month period from the assistance of the first tagged unit, the Go + card member will still be assisted but the cost of which will be paid for by the Go+ account member.
5. For Go+ card members owning multiple cars or Go+ Card members requesting for towing of a stalled motor car unit which the GO+ card member is driving but which is not registered under his/her name in Ibero’s records and other such similar scenarios where the unit being requested for towing is different from the first tagged motor unit during the first assistance), the Go+ card member will still be assisted but the cost of which, will be for their own account.
6. ‘Covered vehicles’ serviceable under the program’s set of Roadside assistance benefits pertain to those that will fall under these qualifications:
A. Does not exceed 3,500 kg in weight
B. Not more than 15 years old
- Note: For vehicles used for ride-hailing services (such as Grab) whether full or part-time, will need to adhere to a higher fuel volume requirement.
7. Physical presence of the Shell GO+ App or card together with a valid ID is a must when availing the services. In such absence, Ibero Asistencia may deny the service.
8. Service is available in Metro Manila and key cities and provinces nationwide (with automatic buy back coverage on the excluded areas but coverage is subject to reimbursement basis only)
- National Capital Region (NCR)
- Cordillera Autonomous Region: Abra, Apayao, Benguet, Ifugao, Kalinga and Mountain Province
- Region I: Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan
- Region II: Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Viscaya and Quirino
- Region III: Aurora, Bataan, Olongapo, Zambales, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Tarlac, Pampanga
- Region IV-A: Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon
- Region IV-B: Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Palawan
- Region V: Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Sorsogon
- Region VI: Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Iloilo City, Negros Occidental (Bacolod)
- Region VII: Tacloban City, Cebu, Bohol, Negros Oriental, Siquijor
- Region VIII: Butuan City
- Region X: Bukidnon, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental, Cagayan De Oro City
- Region XI: Davao Del Norte, Davao Del Sur, Davao Oriental, Davao City
- Region XII: South Cotabato (General Santos City)
- Region XIII: Agusan Del Norte, Agusan Del Sur, Surigao Del Norte, Surigao Del Sur
Ibero Asistencia will accommodate filing of reimbursements (i.e. for excluded areas and for those units towed by other providers in the tow away zones) provided the following requirements are met and that actual towing has been verified by either Ibero or Pilipinas Shell:
- With open case (client called the hotline to report the incident)
- Accomplished original Claim Form
- Valid ID
- Original OR
- Submission of the above documents to IBERO ASISTENCIA within ninety (90) days from date of towing
Excluded Areas (where IBERO does not have readily available providers but subject to reimbursement and initial call to the free 24/7 dedicated telephone hotline 8459 4753 and presentation of required documents to be filed within 90 days to IBERO from date of towing service)
- Lanao del Norte (except Iligan City)
- Lanao del Sur
- North Cotabato
- South Cotabato
- Sultan Kudarat
- Zamboanga del Norte
- Zamboanga del Sur
- Zamboanga Sibugay
- Compostela Valley
6. The nearest available truck will be dispatched but waiting time may vary for those covered areas where there are no tow trucks from Ibero Asistencia present or no third party towing company available in the area.
7. Whenever Ibero Asistencia is not involved directly in providing the service, Pilipinas Shell shall first obtain Ibero Asistencia’s authorization by telephone. After receiving the service from a third party, member shall submit the original invoices to IBERO for reimbursement within 90 days from date of assistance (towing service). Reimbursement will only be made if the towing service of a third party was done on a covered area under the Contract.
8. Reimbursement cases shall follow below turn-around time
|Summary of Claim Payment Documents received from the SHELL Member by IBERO||RELEASE DATE by IBERO to MEMBER|
|Between day 1 to 10 of the month
||25th of the month from 1 to 5PM|
|Between day 11 to 20 of the month
||10th of the following month from 1 to 5PM|
|Between day 21 to 31 of the month
||15th of the following month from 1 to 5PM
9. Ibero Asistencia will not be liable to provide any service assistance during or after the occurrence of events that arise directly, indirectly or proximately from:
A. Fraudulent acts by any member or any other person entitled to the services under this Contract for Service Provision.
B. Consequential losses of any kind.
C. Terrorism, mutinies, riots, wars, insurrections, industrial disturbances, civil disturbances, vandalism, sabotage.
D. Actions by the armed forces, or security forces, or other organizations.
E. The imposition of government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any necessary licensed.
F. Failure of electrical supply or telecommunications network
G. Nuclear radio activity.
H. Participation of the member in:
- Competitions, rallies, or contests
- Competition sports
- Criminal conduct
- Wagers or challenges
I. Participation of the member in risk activities such as motor sports.
J. Deliberate acts of the member.
K. Illnesses or pathological states produced by voluntary consumption of alcohol, drugs, toxic substances, narcotics, or medicines acquired without medical prescription.
L. Suicide or attempted suicide, mental illness, pregnancy, abortion or childbirth, preventive medical check-ups, thermal treatments, aesthetic surgery, acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), and trips whose objective is receiving medical treatment or surgery.
M. Labor-related accidents or illness suffered during the professional activity qualified as a risk activity.
N. The driver of the Vehicle:
- is under the influence of drugs, toxic or narcotic substances, or his/her blood-alcohol level exceeds that permitted by the laws in the country where the Vehicle is being driven.
- is not in possession of a valid and subsisting driver’s license
- corresponding to the class of Vehicle being driven
O. Ibero Asistencia will not be liable for the cost of:
- Any repairs to the Vehicle.
- Any service assistance arranged by or on behalf of the member without the prior authorization of Ibero Asistencia except, in case of emergency or force majeure.
P. Terms and conditions of Shell GO+ and Ibero Asistencia apply.
More in Life at Shell
Get FREE car interior sanitation services when you get a change oil package with Shell Helix Power, Shell Helix Protect, and more.
You may also be interested in
View the latest updates on our response for motorists and our community here.