Shell Fleet Solutions Supplementary Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement supplements the Privacy Notice - Business Customers, Suppliers and Business Partners available at www.shell.com/privacy.html and in your location at https://pilipinas.shell.com.ph/privacy-policy.html
What does this supplementary Privacy Statement cover?
This supplementary Privacy Statement provides information about personal data which are collected and processed in connection with the services provided by Shell Fleet Solutions business including the Shell Fuel Card (‘SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES’) as well as your visits to Shell websites related to the Shell Fleet Solutions Services, For all other interaction with a company or companies within the Shell group of companies (‘Shell’) please refer to the relevant privacy notice at www.shell.com/privacy.html and from the Shell website in your location.
Source of data
If you have not provided your personal data directly to Shell, Shell has obtained your personal data from your employing or contracting company or from your leasing or fleet management company.
What personal data do we process about you?
In addition to the personal data set out in the relevant privacy notice referred to above and depending on the exact services used by you and your company, Shell may process some or all of the following types of data:
- user ids, marketing and language preferences;
- Director’s (and other associated persons’) details including name and date of birth where these are required for trade compliance, anti-money laundering and anti-bribery and corruption purposes / credit checking;
- Transaction details including driver’s name, card number, vehicle identifier, products purchased, date, time and location;
- CCTV images at Shell Retail locations for safety, security, fraud management and operational purposes;
Who is responsible for any personal data collected?
Your local Shell Fleet Solutions contracting company: 41st Floor, The Finance Centre, 26th Street corner 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Brgy. Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City, Metro Manila, 1635, Philippines, and affiliated companies within the Shell group of companies.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
As well as the purposes set out in the relevant privacy notice referred to above Personal Data supplied by a customer to apply to use the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES and/or collected through the use of SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES, will be processed for the purposes of;
- processing the application;
- establishing a cardholder’s identity if requested by your employing or contracting company (principal card order) ;
- completing credit checks in relation to key individuals per customer such as company directors. We do not credit check each individual cardholder;
- operating the account(s) and facilitating access to and use of the online services relating to the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES;
- assessing and/or reviewing the card status and/or purchase record of the Shell Fuel Card on an ongoing basis;
- conducting screening for trade controls and anti-bribery and corruption purposes;
- monitoring volume and spend information;
- tracing and recovering the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS – SHELL CARD;
- conducting aggregated market research and/or statistical analysis;
- identifying and (if possible) preventing money laundering and fraud;
- marketing and commercial communication subject to any consent obtained;
- registration for other related services and different payment methods (e.g. mobile payments via the Shell App); and/or
- for safety and security reasons, in particular, to protect the personnel and assets of Shell and its customers and to protect our customers when using products with special handling requirements
Additional information for users of Telematics services
If your vehicle is fitted with a Shell issued telematics device, Shell may also collect information about:
- your vehicle’s location which can be used to calculate e.g. vehicle speed, route taken;
- whether the vehicle is stopped;
- your vehicle’s acceleration, deceleration (braking) and cornering;
- whether the seat belt is used;
- information from your vehicle’s engine (e.g. engine speed), electrical system (e.g. battery voltage) and warning system (e.g. engine warning light on);
- vehicle refuelling or charging.
Shell may use these data in combination with other data we hold about you, e.g. fuel card transactions, to provide analysis requested by your employing or engaging company to better understand driving style, safety, vehicle performance and routing information.
Communication and Marketing
You may receive offers on behalf of the relevant business customer and in relation to the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES. On all occasions you or your company’s authorised representative will be given the opportunity to use the unsubscribe functionality through the different digital channels we use to interact with you. For more information please refer to the Privacy Notice - Business Customers, Suppliers and Business Partners mentioned above.
When processing an application and during the term of any SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES agreement, we may assess the creditworthiness of the company/business applying, as well as that of key individual(s) associated with that business e.g. company directors. We use authorized third-party credit checking agencies for this purpose who will use credit scoring or other automated decision-making processes; and records held by credit reference agencies. If you have any queries, please refer to the Contact Details section below.
Who will we share your personal data with?
Your personal data that are collected as a part of the agreement may be transferred within the Shell group, including to Shell companies which may be located outside the Economic European Area (“EEA”) for the purposes specified above.
In addition to the categories of recipients set out in the relevant privacy notice referred to above your personal data may be shared with:
- the company (that is the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES customer) which ordered the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES on your behalf;
- the participants involved in providing the SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES, such as the retailers and/or any other company that is permitted by SHELL to supply products and/or services to SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS SERVICES users, and the third-party service providers contracted by SHELL to collect, store, analyze, and process commercial and personal data provided to SHELL by users, provided that SHELL and such third-party service providers enter into an appropriate confidentiality and data privacy agreements.
- any person to whom any member of the Shell Group proposes to transfer any of its rights and/or duties under a SHELL FLEET SOLUTIONS – SHELL CARD agreement
- credit reference, screening and/or fraud prevention agencies as well as referees, guarantors or other persons providing references or security in relation to your business’s obligations
- customer’s third party partners - in the event your company has chosen to work with a third party service provider (e.g. fleet management companies, leasing companies), for the purpose of enabling the third party to provide the services you require (e.g. management information, consolidated invoicing).
- insurance companies, in connection with insurance products that relate or might relate to the operation and/or leasing companies - in the event the cardholder has a vehicle leasing agreement, for the purpose of enabling these companies to monitor vehicle mileage and assess creditworthiness;
How long do we hold your personal data for?
Shell will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary to meet business, legal or fiscal requirements.
- Any personal data that is required for the purposes of conclusion and execution of agreements with business customers, suppliers and business partners or for considering bids or tenders will be held during the duration of the contractual relationship and up to 15 years after. For agreements which have a term of more than five years and for the purposes set out above these agreements will be held for 35 years with effect from the commencement of the agreement.
- In all other cases for the purposes set out above, including personal data gathered as part of any unsuccessful bids to Shell or which relates the screening against publicly available or government issued sanctions lists and media sources, such personal data is held for no longer than 15 years after it was first gathered.
- In all cases information may be held for a) a longer period of time where there is a legal or regulatory reason to do so (in which case it will be deleted once no longer required for the legal or regulatory purpose) or b) a shorter period where the individual objects to the processing of their personal data and there is no longer a legitimate purpose to retain it.
- Telematics data – 3 years
Who can you contact if you have a query, concern or complaint about your personal data?
You can contact ShellPhils-Data-Privacy@shell.com, telephone number +632 3499 4043.
Changes to this supplementary Privacy Statement
This supplementary Privacy Statement and the Privacy Notice - Business Customers, Suppliers and Business Partners may change over time. This supplementary Privacy Statement was last updated in June 2020.