What is DYNAFLEX technology or DYNAFLEX formulation?
- DYNAFLEX technology or DYNAFLEX formulation are our names for our latest generation of advanced formulations for Shell V-Power gasoline and diesel fuels.
- All of our latest generation of Shell V-Power fuels are formulated with our new DYNAFLEX technology.
- Just as petrol and diesel are different, we have developed unique DYNAFLEX formulations for each fuel type.
- Modern engines are becoming more and more efficient. As a result, fuels are exposed to tougher conditions (i.e. higher temperatures and pressures) which can lead to the formation of dirt on key fuel system components such as intake valves and fuel injectors.
- All DYNAFLEX formulations are complex blends that are specially designed to help maintain engine efficiency as the vehicle manufacturers’ designed. DYNAFLEX technology works by being enriched with powerful cleaning agents to help maintain the cleanliness of key fuel system components and protect them from performance robbing deposits.1
- Our Shell V-Power fuels are designed to help clean away existing fuel system deposits.1
- Our Shell V-Power Gasoline and Shell V-Power Racing fuels with DYNAFLEX technology also contain our new friction modifier which helps the piston assembly, found in the heart of engines, turn more freely to help reduce energy wasted as heat.2
How does DYNAFLEX technology work in engines?
Our Challenge – Deposits in fuel systems
Shell’s team of scientists have created bespoke DYNAFLEX formulations for diesel and gasoline engines. In creating our new DYNAFLEX formulations we drew on over 100 years of experience in fuels research and development. The world’s car manufacturers are on a quest for improved engine efficiency. Our new DYNAFLEX formulations draw on our experience and insights into the demands of both older and modern engines. Modern engines are becoming smaller whilst maintaining high power outputs and often use new technologies (such as direct fuel injection and turbocharging) to help achieve performance and efficiency.
Deposits can form, over time, on key fuel system components such as fuel injectors in diesel engines and intake valves/fuel injectors in gasoline engines. Shell’s DYNAFLEX formulations are designed to help control dirt deposits in key fuel system components2. The development of our new range of Shell fuels with DYNAFLEX technology is the culmination of a multi-year research and development program which involved tests in over 3 million km and over 250 cars.3
Shell V-Power Gasoline – designed for performance and efficiency
DYNAFLEX technology in Shell V-Power Gasoline is formulated with powerful cleaning molecules designed to prevent and remove performance-robbing engine deposits.1 Our advanced formulation is designed to work under the extreme conditions of the fuel intake system, breaking down and cleaning-away deposits.1 This helps to ensure that the fuel intake system is kept clean so your engine can breathe better, helping your cars performance.1 New Shell V-Power Gasoline with DYNAFLEX technology is designed to help with engine efficiency and performance.5 Our new Shell V-Power Gasoline with DYNAFLEX formulation with new friction reducing molecules, have been demonstrated better performance under tougher conditions on the highway as well as in the city.5
Shell V-Power Diesel designed for performance and efficiency
Cleaning molecules in Shell V-Power Diesel with DYNAFLEX technology can help to clean-up dirty fuel injectors in engines.6 Our advanced new DYNAFLEX technology in Shell V-Power Diesel is designed to work under the extreme conditions of the fuel injection system, breaking down and cleaning-away deposits.1 Shell V-Power Diesel can help to restore up to 100% of your engine's performance lost to deposits in the fuel injectors and cleaner fuel injectors help to maintain engine efficiency.7