Your health and safety in our stations
As more of us find our way back on the road, you can count on us to continue prioritizing the health and safety of our staff and our customers in our stations.
Today, as community quarantine restrictions are eased across the country, Shell welcomes back our customers with assurance that our sites are implementing safety measures to ensure the welfare of everyone working and visiting our stations:
Staff Health Check, Intensified Cleaning and Sanitation in Shell Stations
- The health of our staff is being checked before they report for work. Face masks are part a of the required PPE for all site staff to wear throughout their shift. Additional PPEs such as face shields and gloves are also available on several stations as additional protection.
- Our forecourt service champions are trained on all proper sanitation methods. They regularly and thoroughly wash their hands and are provided alcohol-based sanitizers while at the forecourt.
- All payment machines, pumps, air & water equipment, and other customer common areas such as toilets are regularly cleaned.
- Our toilets are also checked every hour to ensure there is enough soap and water for customer’s use.
- Site staff are trained with COVID-19 Emergency Response Procedure for probable and confirmed cases and we have accredited Shell contractors to disinfect the station, if necessary.
- Currently, we have almost 300 stations already accepting contactless payment for safer transactions.
Regular Store Cleaning and Proper Food Handling in Shell Select Stores and Partner Establishments
- All of our food products are sourced from quality and accredited suppliers, and are temperature monitored. Proper food safety and handling are strictly observed.
- Cleaning is regularly observed across our stores, while single served items such as napkins, stirrers, and condiments are contained to prevent contamination.
- Shops may limit the number of guests in the store to be able to ensure proper social distancing at all times.
- Acrylic shields are installed at the cashier to protect customers during payment transactions. Alcohol-based sanitizers are also available for everyone's added protection.
- Our partner establishments are practicing sanitation and hygiene guidelines to provide a safe visit in their premises.
Personal Hygiene and Vehicle Sanitation in Shell Helix Oilchange+ Lube Bays
- All mechanics and receptionists are trained on sanitation measures, undergo health checks, and are required to also wear PPE such as face masks at all times.
- Our staff will sanitize steering wheel, shift stick, and other touchpoints before and after each change oil and car maintenance transactions.
- Physical distancing is practiced within the lounge as customers are asked to stay 1 meter apart and sanitize before entry.
At Shell, YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY and you can always be assured of the quality products and safe service we provide to help you on and off the road. #GoWell
More in Life at Shell
At Shell, we believe it’s our responsibility to help you on your life’s journey, whether it’s on the road or at home. When you gas up at Shell for a minimum spend on Shell fuels, you can go home with a kilo of rice for free!
You may also be interested in
We are bringing favorites from KFC, Tokyo Tokyo, Mister Donut, and more to our stations!
View the latest updates on our response for motorists and our community here.