11 student teams from the Philippines part of the Shell Eco-Marathon Asia
Eleven student teams from the Philippines made it to this year’s SEMA and UP- Dagisik finished 8th in the UrbanConcept Mileage Challenge. Other participants from the Philippines were:
- DLSU-D Stallions_Hiraya, De La Salle - Dasmariñas
- DLSU Eco Car Team - Battery Electric, De La Salle University
- DLSU Eco Team - I. C. E., De La Salle University
- NU Prime Sprinter, National University
- PLM Agsikapin, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- PUP-Hygears, Polytechnic University of the Philippines - Manila
- ATLAS Valor, University of Perpetual Help System - Dalta
- UST Eco-Tigers I, University of Santo Tomas (UST)
- Dagisik UP, University of the Philippines Diliman
- ALAMAT UP, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Team UMindanao Wildcats, University of Mindanao.
Three teams from the Philippines passed the technical inspection and were allowed to test their cars on track, University of the Philippines – Diliman’s Dagisik UP landed the 8th spot with their car Siglo 3.0, under the UrbanConcept-Battery-Electric category.
In the end, student teams from Indonesia, Vietnam and Singapore bagged the top awards in the UrbanConcept Mileage Challenge. The top three UrbanConcept teams from each category have made it to the Drivers‘ World Championship Qualifier, and will compete today, May 2, in a race to see who crosses the finish line first without running out of their limited allocation of energy.